Sunday, April 6, 2008

Or not.

*collects all plans for money making website*
*throws them in the bin*

It would seem, that although my software is great for my dad's colleagues, it would also seem that they are so tight, they won't even open their pockets for a collection for a dead guy's family. So, although I could always open it up to others, I'm lacking the funds to set up the server etc in the first place. A start up fund as it were. So, all plans are out the window.
Which is a shame, because damn it was well coded. The google home page is 21kb and loads in roughly half a second. Mine loads completely including database access and processing, help, faq and about pages (it all loads at once) in 12Kb, and 100ms. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself.
Ah well, it seems that it's doomed. It'd given me a splitting headache too, slaving over the code for the last few days getting it all done and multi-user ready. What a waste.
A certain suggestion from Harlan over at so very alone, I should write these posts all in one go, no re-reading, no checking grammar. Just throw drivel at you. You never know, I might take his advice.

No comments: