Saturday, April 5, 2008

It doesn't matter if you're black or white, the only color that really matters is green.

It seems I may have stumbled upon something awesome. I was writing a bit of perl code to process my dad's fuel receipts, as his company is effectively making him pay for their petrol by being sneaky in the way they work things out. Perl was too complicated for his as it involved command line, which I'm comfortable with, but he's not. So, I rewrote it, in php, using a mysql database as a backend.
He mentioned how others he worked with were having the same problem, so I suggested he ask around and see how interested they were. As in, are they willing to pay? Because if they are, and they can pay enough to cover website hosting, I'll stick it online, make it multi-user, and have my own web-start up, taking donations through paypal to cover hosting/maintenance/caffeine costs.
If all goes well, I get money, a better server, and more importantly, a purpose. God, I'm so bored at the moment. It's been ages since I've had any contact with the outside world other than through the internet. It's depressing. Oddly, if I had the choice, I'd rather be alone than with people. But, when you have no choice, and the isolation is extended. It becomes tedious. I'm fed up, and I need something to do. This might just provide it.
Fingers crossed.

No comments: